Rubrics and Marzano Scales

When I used to use rubrics, I often created a rubric for each project. When I moved to choice that was not possible (I did not know what all of the projects would be!) I ended up creating a rubric based on one that Lockie Champan: @lockiechapman had been using that focused on standards, or habits, and not specifics, or smaller items like elements, or techniques. Here is an example of a rubric that I used: https://docs.google.com/a/isd186.org/document/d/1PSpYzwdsbJFNwzmgG3F6nZgfIw5tzibPN64yDlz3kzo/edit?usp=sharing

Currently my school is aligning to the new state requirements for teacher evaluation, and with that came the Marzano Framework. With the Marzano Framework, teachers create scales (based off of the standards). I was skeptical at first (wondering if this would just be extra work) but I had recently started to transition to standards based grading, and these scales seem to make sense with standards based grading. Here is an example of a marzano scale that I created: https://docs.google.com/a/isd186.org/document/d/1fCQy2OJ3ctka8uCDR6EzPQI20vOvBtcJf6CNRvzRaSU/edit?usp=sharing

I am in the middle of this process and hope to use these scales in place of most rubrics next year...I will keep you posted about how it goes!

Comments